Friday, January 05, 2007

Zut Alors!

Yesterday, I did something which I have never done before whilst living in London...I forgot my handbag.

Gasp!

Yes, I'm afraid 't's too true. I walked out the front door, down the hill, through the station and then it hit me on the platform. No, it wasn't a train, but the figurative bolt of lightning. No handbag! There was the backpack, but the absolute essential was missing!

So, I had to trot double-time back up the hill, and knock on the front door hoping that the girls would be up to let me back in! Thank goodness for Pepe, who opened the door and looked at me in astonishment. I thanked her profusely, scooted inside, grabbed the offending article (not its fault, but dammit!) and hurried to catch the train.

I made in on time...on the dot! Phew....what a great way to start the day! I didn't need a coffee in the morning; the adrenalin pumping through my veins was enough to make me zoom!

2 comments:

Cornflake Girl said...

What cheek! As if I'm that much of a coffee addict! *Humpf!*

(Swirling the remanants of her 10th coffee of the day)

marysia i bartek said...

nom, adrenalina zamiast kofeiny... skąd ja to znam... albo najlepiej w połączeniu...