Monday, September 08, 2008

Wet and Wild Weekend...

No, not quite that sordid, but it was a sordid wet and windy weekend! The heavens opened and the rain sluiced down. Friday’s weather was terrible, as it did not seem to let up until the late afternoon as Pepe and I made a beeline for Ikea…

Yes! Ikea! Pepe and I have a love for all things Ikea! We can not help ourselves, so on a Friday night we bounded over to that ‘superstore’ and went wild!

Well. Maybe not wild, but we really had fun shopping. :) We bought two ‘Daves’ and no, we did not buy two men called Dave, but these fantastic laptop tables in white:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00120818
Yes! They’re great! :) I put them together on Saturday all by myself proving that I do have an opposable thumb and am not afraid to use it. ;)

However, once we had paid for the furniture and tried to go outside – it was raining cats and dogs. I pelted across the car park to my little blue bug, drove it up to the loading bay, we loaded up Malutkie (my little car) with our haul of goodies, and got wet.
As we drove back to the flat I found that I never want to drive on the A406 in the rain at night time ever again. It was horrendous. I could barely see the road markings, because there was so much water on the road and there were some really idiotic drivers out there that night adding to the horror.
Anyhoo, we made it back safe and sound. Hurrah!

Arthur was away enjoying lovely warm sunny weather this weekend. Lucky man. T-shirt and shorts, he says. Me, shivering in my thick jumper and thick woolly socks.

Anyhoo! I was meant to sort out quite a few important things this weekend. No success there I’m afraid! Do you find that if there is a really cumbersome, tiresome, irritating piece of work, you’ll do anything else to avoid it? So, the flat looks pristine, the laundry was done and the Ikea furniture and other bits and bobs sorted out, crappy films were watched…but not the essential piece of work. Oops!
At least, I am not alone in this. There are other procrastinators out there! Unite, I say!
Hmmm, maybe tomorrow… ;)

No comments: